What is Pocket Nurse?
Pocket Nurse® is a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for simulation and healthcare education. A nurse-owned-and-operated company, Pocket Nurse has been a trusted partner in nursing, EMS, pharmacy, and allied healthcare education since 1992.
What We Believe In
Pocket Nurse is an ethics-first company. We live by our vision, mission, and core values.
Our Vision: Improve educational experiences and outcomes by providing simulation and medical supply solutions.
Our Mission: Continue to develop and source simulation and medical supply solutions to address the needs of healthcare educators through collaboration, building trust, and evolving with industry needs.
- Integrity: We conduct our business in accordance with the highest standards of professional behavior and ethics.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to the success of our customers, vendors, educational partners, and employees.
- Accountability: If something goes wrong, we work to make it right. Our customer service representatives and sales people are product-trained and personable, so they can offer fast and friendly solutions throughout the buying cycle.
- Inclusion: A variety of people make up our corporate environment, using different minds and personalities. We treat everyone as equals and value differences.
- Respect: Although we are a growing business, basic human kindness always comes first. In an industry as selfless as healthcare education, we maintain respect and generosity that adequately reflects that of our customer base.
New Look, Same Service
Introducing: our new logo! We’ve had a makeover, but our service, sales, and product selection remain the same. For 30 years, Pocket Nurse® has provided the solutions you need for simulation and medical education. We are still:
- Nurse owned and operated
- Experts in medical simulation education
- Ready to deliver more than 5,000 product solutions to you accurately and efficiently
This last year gave us the chance to pause and reflect on the way we presented ourselves to the world. Our vision, mission, and values haven’t changed, and Anthony Battaglia, RN, MSN, is still our owner and president.
Pocket Nurse—Supporting Healthcare Education, Simulation, and Patient Safety
According to the landmark 1999 report “To Err is Human”, 98,000 Americans die from preventable medical errors annually. In 2016 a study by Johns Hopkins reported medical errors as the third leading cause of death in the U.S.
Pocket Nurse believes the solution is better education and a culture of patient safety. Our work supports healthcare education and simulation to reduce medical errors and improve patient outcomes. We take our responsibility to future healthcare professionals and patients seriously.
A History of Support
In 1992 the company sold a single product—the Pocket Nurse® pocket organizer that included bandage scissors, a hemostat, an integrated penlight, and an engraved nameplate. The Pocket Nurse was a success, but owner Anthony Battaglia, MS, BSN, RN, had a vision to help Health Educators in their instructional efforts. In the 25 years following, we’ve made it our mission to meet those needs, even if it means developing entirely original products like the InjectEd® injection simulator. Although we no longer carry the company's namesake product, it lives on in the success of our brand.