Urinalysis Kit with Simulated Urine
Urinalysis, one of the oldest medical diagnostic tests performed, is to this day still one of the most common. In this activity, students will use simulated urine to avoid the unpleasantness of using the real thing while still performing actual tests used on real urine samples. Students will examine the simulated urine for factors such as pH, color, clarity, as well as test for the presence or absence of proteins, glucose, and calcium. The students will then examine the samples microscopically to determine if crystals may be present in any of the samples. Kit contains enough materials for 15 groups of students. Teachers manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included. Needed but not supplied are a hot water bath, glass test tubes, and compound microscopes (4X/10X/40X).
- Patient X Simulated Urine Sample, 250 mL.
- Patient Y Simulated Urine Sample, 250 mL
- Patient Z Simulated Urine Sample, 250 mL
- Control Simulated Urine Sample, 250 mL
- (2) Benedict's Qualitative, 25 mL
- (2) Biuret Reagent, 25 mL
- (2) Sulkowitch Reagent, 25 mL
- (100) pH Test Strips
- Box of Microscope Slides
- Package of Coverslips
- (60) Graduated Plastic Cups, 30 mL
- (60) Graduated Pipettes, 1 mL
|Country of Origin||US|
Write Your Own Review