Why choose Pocket Nurse®?
- Throughout our 30+ year history of distributing products for healthcare education, we have continually refined our operations to meet the needs of our growing and diverse customer base. This includes ongoing efforts to improve efficiency, hiring and training knowledgeable and professional sales and customer service teams, and offering the highest-quality instructional products from the industry’s most-trusted manufacturers.
- Pocket Nurse is a nurse-owned company, and all products that we manufacture and distribute have been carefully curated by our in-house team of nurse educators.
Why are you called Pocket Nurse?
- The company was founded by Registered Nurse Anthony Battaglia in 1992 on the strength of one product: the Pocket Nurse pocket protector, a small kit containing basic diagnostic instruments commonly used by nurses. Since then, we have grown to offer an extensive portfolio of more than 5,300 products for medical education and simulation.
Do you only sell products to nursing education programs?
- Though we serve many types of nursing programs, we maintain a large inventory of educational materials suitable for a wide range of programs. These include pre-med programs, pharmacy, EMS, first responder, allied health, and high school/career technical education (CTE) medical education programs, among others. In addition, we provide an extensive line of CPR manikins and trainers for municipalities and organizations focused on public welfare.
What do you mean when you say you are nurse owned and operated?
- Company founder and CEO Anthony Battaglia, MS, BSN, RN, is a Registered Nurse with a background in intensive care nursing. Pocket Nurse® remains industry current on products and the instructional protocols necessary for healthcare education. We maintain a full-time simulation expert, a team of nurse educators, and well-trained sales and customer service teams.
What is the mission of Pocket Nurse?
- Pocket Nurse creates, manufactures, and sources simulation-based instructional products to meet the needs of a wide range of healthcare education programs. In addition, Pocket Nurse strives to advance the practice of healthcare simulation while building collaborative trust with healthcare educators around the world.
What types of products do you sell?
- Pocket Nurse® sells medical education and simulation products to help educators create comprehensive clinical simulation experiences. Our product portfolio includes Totes simulation supply kits, patient care products, furniture, Demo Dose® simulated medications, manikins and simulators, diagnostic equipment, medication management systems, and specialty items including respiratory, obstetrics & pediatrics, surgical, infection control, moulage, educational media, and many student accessories.
Can you procure products outside of what is in your catalog offering or what is shown on the Pocket Nurse website?
- Yes, we will source a product not found in our inventory to fulfill a customer’s request. If you are seeking an item that you cannot find at PocketNurse.com or in one of our catalogs, call our sales department or email email@example.com.
Who are your customers?
- Pocket Nurse’s customers include accredited learning institutions such as universities, colleges, medical schools, and nursing schools. In addition, we serve EMS and CPR training programs, the military, high schools and vocational schools/CTE programs, government education centers, adult education programs, nursing homes, and other organizations that provide healthcare education or training.
Do you sell products to hospitals?
- Yes, but only for the purpose of simulation-based education, not for diagnosing or treating real patients. Many hospitals operate in-house simulation centers for the continuing education and training of their medical teams, and to facilitate vital practice for a wide range of medical scenarios. Pocket Nurse provides medical equipment, supplies, simulation tools, and Demo Dose® simulated medication to those facilities.
Do you sell to individuals?
- Pocket Nurse offers equipment and supplies for use in medical education and simulation. If your learning environment has a need for instructional products, Pocket Nurse would be pleased to serve you through a one-time order or through the opening of an account.
What is a product’s SKU or item number? How can I find it?
- The SKU or item number is a set of numbers that identifies a single product, typically an 8-digit series in the format of 12-34-5678. Item numbers can be found on product labels and are listed with the product descriptions in our various catalogs and on the Pocket Nurse website.
Are your Demo Dose® products actual medications?
- No. Demo Dose simulated medications are not real medications but are made to look like their clinical counterparts to enhance realism in simulations. Demo Dose products consist of completely inert elements with no active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Demo Dose simulated medications intentionally misspell the medication name that they simulate, typically by omitting the final vowel of the generic name. In addition, every Demo Dose label clearly states, “For instructional purposes only. Not for human or animal use.”
Do you manufacture and distribute educational products?
- Pocket Nurse manufactures Demo Dose® simulated medications, SimLeggings™ and SimObesity™ products, and other proprietary items such as the Inject-Ed™ injection trainer, Progra-Temp® simulated thermometer, SIMcable simulated ECG cables, Fortera360™ sanitizers and PPE gear, Demo Sutures™ and more.
- Pocket Nurse also distributes new products from industry-leading manufacturers and high-quality refurbished equipment.
Do you maintain inventory for all of your catalog products?
- While we stock many of our catalog products at our distribution center, other products are not stocked at our location. Items not inventoried in our warehouse are ordered from the manufacturer and shipped from our warehouse or drop shipped from the manufacturer directly to the customer.
How can I get updates on products and promotions?
- Pocket Nurse maintains an active social media presence on a variety of platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn. These channels showcase new products and product demonstrations, announce promotions and sweepstakes, trade show appearances, company news, and much more. Links to these channels can be found in the footer on the PocketNurse.com home page.
- You can also join the Pocket Nurse email list to have product updates and promotions sent to your inbox. Join the mail list here:https://www.pocketnurse.com/default/email-subscribe
How many different catalogs do you publish each year?
- Pocket Nurse publishes a range of product catalogs annually to serve the needs of our diverse customer base. Catalog types, quantities, formats, and publishing dates are subject to change. Our catalogs include:
- Simulation Supply Catalog
- School Health Education Supply Catalog
- Totes Simulation Supply Kits
- Pocket Nurse® Brand/Demo Dose® Products Guide
- CPR Education Product Guide
- EMS Education Product Catalog
Can I view Pocket Nurse catalogs online?
- Yes. We publish downloadable PDF versions of our catalogs, which can be viewed by following the links at the bottom of the PocketNurse.com home page.
Do you levy state sales tax on purchases?
- All purchases made by organizations with Pennsylvania addresses are assessed 6% sales tax on products and shipping and handling unless Pocket Nurse has a current, valid PA sales tax exemption form for that organization on file. North Carolina orders are assessed an appropriate sales tax based on state and local rates to product and shipping and handling unless Pocket Nurse has a current, valid NC sales tax exemption form on file. Customers holding a valid sales tax exemption form can request a refund of sales tax charged on a purchase by sending the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pocket Nurse reserves the right to charge sales tax on purchases made from any other state when required to do so. Please check with your tax specialist regarding your responsibility for paying sales tax and/or use tax on product purchases.
Who is my sales representative?
- The Pocket Nurse sales team serves customers throughout the United States, Canada, and internationally. Your location determines who will serve as your sales representative. Click here to find the sales representative for your area.
How do I contact Pocket Nurse customer service?
- Customer Service is available via phone from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST at 800-225-1600. Contact a customer service representative via email at email@example.com.
- If you have a query about Totes simulation supply kits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-225-1600 and choose option 2.
- If you have a query regarding sales outside of the USA, please email email@example.com.
What are your office hours?
- Customer service is available from 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
Does Pocket Nurse have a minimum order requirement?
- Order totals under $50.00 will incur a $20.00 service charge.
When will I be billed for my order?
- You will be billed when your ordered item ships. You should receive billing details before your purchase is finalized.
- If your budget requires billing in advance, we will accept a deposit on your order.
When will my item ship?
- Pocket Nurse strives to ship your order quickly. Shipments vary based on product inventory location, its manufacturer, and its destination. Account questions can be directed to customer service at 800-225-1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
My order hasn’t arrived, but the shipping order said it was delivered. What should I do?
- Please allow 24 hours to ensure the delivery is not temporarily delayed. If you still have not received your product, please call Customer Service at 800-225-1600 or email email@example.com.
What is your return policy?
- Many products can be returned, but some products are not eligible for return. Please review our return policy at http://www.pocketnurse.com/return-policy.
- All returns are managed by the Pocket Nurse® Returns Department (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). All returns require completion of a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Form.
Can I cancel my order?
- Due to the shipping process, once an item is ordered it cannot be canceled.
How can I report shipping damage to my order?
- Damage must be reported on the freight bill, inspected by the deliverer, and reported by the customer within 10 days of receipt by calling 800-225-1600, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. EST.
How much will shipping cost?
- Shipping costs are calculated on an order-by-order basis. Please contact our customer service team via phone at 800-225-1600 or email at email@example.com for assistance related to shipping costs for your selected items.
Some furniture products state that white glove delivery service is available. What is that?
- Certain furniture products offer optional white glove service, which is a special service that goes beyond standard delivery. For details, contact a Pocket Nurse sales representative.
Do you ship to destinations outside of the USA?
- Yes, please review our International Terms and Conditions at (http://www.pocketnurse.com/terms_and_conditions_international)
In which time zone is Pocket Nurse located?
- Pocket Nurse is in Western Pennsylvania, in the United States Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone.
Is your website secure for purchases?
- Yes. PocketNurse.com is continually monitored and upgraded to provide a secure shopping experience for our customers. In addition, Pocket Nurse protects the privacy of our customers and never shares customer information with outside entities.